Friday, June 4, 2010

Hello Baby Cakes

For all those who love to see what project I am working on, I have created this blog strictly to post pictures of my cakes cookies and cupcakes.
My name is Sara Lee and I have just ventured into the cake decorating world.
I am hoping to get into business with this, but for right now I am just doing them for fun. I do need the practice so if any of my friends who live here in Temple would like to give me some events to practice for, I would be delighted.

This is my first wedding cake.



It took much longer than I had expected and didn't quite turn out as I had envisioned, but it did turn out better than I expected. It was chocolate on the bottom and yellow on the top two tiers. It was covered in chocolate icing and then chocolate marshmallow fondant.

The fondant was extremely finicky and very tough to work with, but now that I got the hang of it I think it will be easier next time.

No comments: